Alios BioPharma Announces Upcoming RSV & HCV Scientific Presentations
SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA – September 11, 2014 – Alios BioPharma, Inc., a biotechnology company developing proprietary therapeutics for viral diseases, will be presenting data at several important scientific meetings over the next eight weeks. The company has made significant progress in development of its compounds for the treatment of RSV (AL-8176) and chronic hepatitis C (AL-335 and AL-516) and data from these studies will be presented at upcoming scientific meetings as follows:
Meeting: AASLD/EASL Special Conference on Hepatitis C to be held in New York City from September 12 – 13.
- Presentation: Preclinical Characterization of AL-335, a Potent Uridine Based Nucleotide Polymerase Inhibitor for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
Meeting: IDWeek 2014 to be held in Philadelphia, PA from October 8 – 12.
- Presentation: Treatment with Oral ALS-8176, a Nucleoside Analog, Rapidly Reduces RSV Viral Load and Clinical Disease Severity in a Healthy Volunteer Challenge Study
Meeting: AASLD The Liver Meeting to be held in Boston, MA from November 7 – 11.
- Presentation: Preclinical Characterization of AL-516, a Potent Guanosine Based Nucleotide Polymerase Inhibitor for the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis C
- Presentation: Analysis of AL-335, A Novel Potent Nucleotide Analog, Combination Drug Interactions in the Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Subgenomic Replicon System
Meeting: 9th International Respiratory Syncytial Virus Symposium to be held in Stellenbosch, South Africa from November 9 – 13.
- Presentation: Oral AL-8176, a Nucleoside Analog, Rapidly Reduces RSV Viral Load and Clinical Disease Severity in a Healthy Volunteer Challenge Study
- Presentation: Preclinical Characterization of a Novel Nucleoside Analog Inhibitor of the Respiratory Syncytial Virus RNA Polymerase
AL-8176 is a nucleoside analog which is being developed by Alios BioPharma as an orally administered antiviral therapy for the treatment of infants infected with RSV. AL-8176 is designed to inhibit the replication of the RSV by acting on the viral polymerase. In vitro studies of the compound showed potent and highly selective inhibition of both RSV laboratory-adapted A and B strains as well as a range of diverse clinical isolates. Similar to other nucleoside analogs, AL-8176 demonstrates a high barrier to the development of viral resistance.
About Alios’ Anti-HCV Nucleotides (AL-335 and AL-516)
AL-335 and AL-516 are nucleotide analog polymerase inhibitors, a class of compounds that has emerged as a key component of interferon-free combination regimens used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C. As substrates of the HCV polymerase NS5B, this class of compounds has demonstrated high in vitro potency and good clinical efficacy, with a high barrier to the development of resistance. AL-335 is a uridine based nucleotide analog and AL-516 is a guanosine based nucleotide analog. Both are novel compounds that have demonstrated desirable profiles in preclinical studies and have the potential to be used in combination to create an all oral, fixed-dose, pan-genotypic, once daily, short duration solution for patients with chronic hepatitis C. AL-335 is expected to enter clinical development in Q4 2014. Both AL-335 and AL-516 are owned outright by Alios BioPharma.
About Alios BioPharma
Alios BioPharma is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company in South San Francisco, CA that is developing novel therapies for the treatment of viral diseases. The Alios virology discovery and development platform consists of a proprietary chemical library of nucleoside analogs as well as novel, proprietary virology-based screening systems. Alios is developing a portfolio of potential therapeutics for viral infections including RSV, influenza, rhinovirus, coronavirus and HCV. For more information please visit www.aliosbiopharma.com.
– end –
Alios BioPharma contact:
Bharath Kumandan (Investors & Media)